POLAR EXPERIENCE – Combo
This tour will allow you to combine everything there is to do in Lapland. Extremely popular dog sled trips, night in a wooden hut and chance for northern lights, snowmobile excursion, smoke sauna and still vivid traditions of gold panning. This is all that Lapland is famous for, in one trip.
– Pickup from Ivalo airport
– Hotel accommodation in Saariselka
– Pickup from the hotel and departure to Koppelo (about 40 km)
– Sled dog trip
– Accommodation in a small hut on one of the islands in the middle of Inari Lake
– Dogs’ supplies
– Optional ice-fishing or snowshoe walking
– The way back to Koppelo
– Snowmobile Safari to Tankavaara*
– Gold panning
– Snowmobile return to Saariselka/Kiilopaa
– Trekking on top of Kiilopaa – 50 euro
– Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort offer (overnight stay in a Kelo or Igloo) – price depends on the date and type of accommodation
– traditional in Lapland smoke sauna and a bath in the ice hole – 40 euro
– Transfer to Ivalo airport
- Finnish house – Saariselka area
- Wooden hut on one of the islands of Lake Inari (mokki)
The expedition in sled dog takes place partly through the Ivalo River, then through Inari Lake. The snowmobile route starts in Kakslauttanen, the destination is Tankavaara*.
Price: 1650 euro/person
– Snowmobile activities mentioned in the program
– 4 nights accommodation
– All meals during the tour
– Thermal equipment, boots, helmet
– Guiding in English, Polish or Spanish (upon prior confirmation)
– International flights to Ivalo, Finland
– Travel insurance
– Alcoholic beverages
– Items of personal character
*Tankavaara – a center associated with the culture of gold prospectors behind the Arctic Circle. Here you can learn about the still vivid tradition of gold panning. There is also a bar as from Alaska, where you can meet bearded gold prospectors.
*Inari Lake – the largest lake in Lapland. There are about 3000 islands on the lake, including Ukko, the sacred place of the Saams. It is called the “Sami Sea” by the inhabitants.
If you are interested to take part in the expedition, please contact us via
firstname.lastname@example.org  or facebook page .